Practice / Experience
Ms. Kastama is Of Counsel to the firm. Ms. Kastamas practice focuses on employment disputes and commercial litigation. Her areas of emphasis include commercial contracts and business-related torts in federal and state courts. She has experience in both trial and appellate litigation.
Education / Background
- University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1986, J.D.
- University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, 1983, B.A.
- Perkins Coie, Associate, Seattle, Washington, 1987 1991
- International Rescue Committee, Attorney, Seattle, Washington, 1990 (Perkins Coie Pro Bono Community Fellowship 4 months full-time fellowship providing legal services to refugee and resettlement organization)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, Legal Consultant, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 1991 1993
- Rohan, Goldfarb & Shapiro, Associate, Seattle, Washington, 1993 1995
- Puyallup High School, Teacher, Puyallup, Washington, 1996 to 2002 (Advanced Placement U.S. and Comparative Government & Politics)
- Olson et al. v. Pierce County Housing Authority (2004) Represented Pierce County Housing Authority in an employment action defense counsel in litigation involving wrongful termination and retaliation claims.
- Amazon.com v. Expedia, Inc. (2002-2004) Represented Amazon.com in its lawsuit against Expedia, Inc. for breach of contract seeking recovery of in excess of $12,000,000.
- Public Communications Services, Inc. v. DOC/DIS (2004-2005) Represented Public Communications Services, Inc., in contract dispute with the Washington State Department of Corrections and Department of Information Services, arising out of a RFP for inmate telephone services valued at over $132 million, which was awarded to Public Communications Services, Inc. and then canceled by the State of Washington.
- Tully's Coffee Corporation v. UCC (Ueshima Coffee Co., Ltd.) Defended a Seattle coffee corporation against a declaratory action brought by a large Japanese coffee company.
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- Board of Directors, Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup, Washington (2003 - 2006)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification
- Examiner, Washington State Quality Awards
← Back ↑ Top